Ripple is a cyrptocurrency and payment system that was developed by Ripple Labs – a San Francisco based company – in 2012. Ripple allows banks, digital asset exchanges, payment providers and other financial institutions to make large scale payments in a secure, fast and cost-effective manner. Ripple is known by its Symbol XRP. Learn everything you need to know about Ripple Price and the evolution of the XRP.
How to Check Ripple Price
On our website, we offer live Ripple price and charts. Using our website, you can compare the current price of Ripple with the Ripple price a day, week, month or year before. You can also check out percentage changes in Ripple price over a certain period of time.
Historical Changes in Ripple Value
On January 1st, 2017 – Ripple value versus US Dollar was $0.006494. Today (in November, 2017) – the Ripple value has increased to $0.218410. The cyrptocurrency saw many ups and downs over the span of last 11 months. You can check out live charts on our website to get a better view of those price changes.
Ripple Exchange Rate
Just like other cryptocurrencies, Ripple exchange rate is also dependent on the US Dollar. We, on our website, show ripple price feed verses dollar as well as other world currencies and cryptocurrencies. It is however important to mention here that the quotes on our website are near to accurate but still there may be some differences because each exchange may have a slightly different price of the same asset.
Ripple Future Value -Forecasts
Ripple future value may be as high as $2, according to some forecasts and this could happen by the end of 2018 because;
- Unlike other cryptocurrencies, Ripple is working with top financial institutions including banks, payment providers and exchanges.
- Ripple uses powerful technology, it can process 1500 transactions in a second which is incomparable to any other cyrptocurrency.
- Ripple has gained trust of many large scale institutions who actively make transactions using Ripple’s payment network.
Correlation between Ripple & Bitcoin
The correlation between Ripple and Bitcoin is positive which means Ripple’s value increases with the rise in Bitcoin’s price. Upon comparing bitcoin and ripple prices over a period of 90 days, a correlation of 0.79 was obtained.
For more live prices of the major coins in terms of market cap, see below;
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Unlike Bitcoin, privacy is not the motto of Ripple, however, still it provides adequate privacy to its users;
- There is no mechanism to identify anyone’s address or amount of ripple being stored.
- You must claim ownership if you send your funds to another address you own.