Dash is one of the most recognizable cryptocurrencies in the entire market. Developed almost 4 years ago, Dash has roared up in value to its present price of $853, $6.61 Billion market cap! That’s impressive by any cryptocurrency standards, but Dash continues to impress with its ramifications for privacy, deflation, and speed.
You can trade Dash CFDs on AVATrade, our go-to market for CFDs and Forex. You can also buy to own at a variety of trusted exchanges available to crypto fanatics around the world. With money pouring into the crypto markets, you can expect Dash to continue its upward trajectory. We just hope it’s not too late to get in!
How to Buy Dash
If you’re still reading, you are probably interested in investing in Dash of your own. There are a number of ways for people all around to invest in Dash and the profits thereof, but there are only going to be more as more money pours into crypto and buy coins like Dash because of their excellent technology.
We’ll show you how to trade Dash before it becomes so simple that everyone starts doing it and the price goes through the roof. If you choose to invest in Dash conventionally, you’ll have to spend a lot of money on coins ($850 a pop) to get a portfolio large enough to yield meaningful profits. This is great for some people, but is usually impossible for beginning investors who aren’t already very wealthy.
CFDs on the other hand give you access to all of the profit potential of investing in Dash coins, for pennies on the dollar. AVATrade lets you leverage your account balance up to 20:1. The future value of the coins you put your stake into will determine your eventual profit or loss. Losses can be great with CFDs, so this form is not without risk, but losses are also a huge risk of ownership.
All in all, we think CFDs just work a little better for our customers. You’re able to liquidate your earnings much faster than with real cryptocurrencies, and you can start up with a much smaller investment. Still, we’ll cover both options below and allow you to make your own choice.
How to Buy Dash on AVATrade – Step-by-Step Guide
There is no more trusted name than AVATrade for CFDs and Forex trading. They have a wide variety of stocks and currency pairs. They also allow clients to trade against the price volatility of cryptocurrencies like NEO, Litecoin, Monero, and Bitcoin Cash.
Setting up an account will take just a few minutes. Then all you have to do is fund it and start trading. We’ll talk through each action you need to take, every step of the way.
If you’re not ready for a full trading account, an AVATrade demo account is a great way to learn the ropes without risking your money. You’ll use play money to make trades against real-world data, giving you the chance to see the results of your decisions and decide using CFD to trade Dash is for you.
- Step 1: Start by heading over to www.avatrade.com. Click on “Trade Bitcoin now”. At this point you can decide to “Practice Bitcoin Trading” to use play money as you learn the system, or you can dive right into the deep end and start trading for profit!
- Step 2: AVATrade is going to ask you for some simple information. You can quickly jump past this screen by directly linking your Google+ or Facebook account.
- Step 3: Congratulations! Your new account is born. Click on “Web Trading” or download the Windows app to your PC. Additionally, you can use the simple, powerful, and intuitive mobile apps available for iPhone and Android. We’re using screenshots from the Web Trading portal for this guide, which looks almost exactly like the other options. Just sayin’.
- Step 4: AVATrade will give you some login credentials. Note these carefully and input them when requested.
- Step 5: Note the white space in the lower left corner of the screen, right above the “symbols” tab. Right click here and select “Symbols” from the menu that pops up.
- Step 6: Select “CFD Crypto”, the click on the folder titled “DASH”. This takes you to the trading Dash screen. Once you’ve funded your account, you’re all ready to trade.
Buying Dash Coins for Your Software or Hardware Wallet
You can profit from CFDs without ever buying Dash coin. Leveraged CFD trading makes this form much cheaper to start out with. CFD traders also don’t have to keep track of a diverse portfolio, pay transaction fees, suffer long waits moving the coins around, or face the constant threat of losing their coins forever!
We like CFDs for their simplicity and power, but ownership does offer some flexibility that CFDs lack, such as the option to sell your coins whenever you want, not just when your CFD term expires. What’s more, American customers aren’t even allowed to participate in CFD trading (!), so we’ve got to highlight this other option.
It’s important to note that after you buy Dash, coins can be stored in a number of ways. Generally speaking it’s not a good idea to hold your coins on an exchange wallet, because exchanges sometimes get hacked. Instead, use a software wallet like Exodus which supports multiple currencies other than Dash. You could also buy a hardware wallet like the Ledger Nano S. This is currently the safest way to store your coins after you buy Dash. For anyone investing in Dash in large amounts, this may be a good thing to buy.
Dash is one of the most popular cryptocurrencies in the world, and is available on a number of regional and international exchanges (HitBtc, Bitthumb, Bittrex, Poloniex, Kraken, etc., etc. etc.). We’re going to focus on buying through Hong Kong-based Binance, because it’s a great new exchange adding coins all the time, with its own useful currency, and will eventually become fully decentralized. You can buy Dash wherever you like, of course.
Can you Buy Dash on Coinbase
Coinbase is a very popular exchange that allows you to buy cryptocurrencies directly using fiat currency. With Dash being so high in the market cap table it is unsurprising when people expect to see it on Coinbase but unfortunately Coinbase do not offer it on their platform.
They are increasing the number of coins on their platform but this is a very steady procedure. Currently there is no talk of dash being added to Coinbase but that is not to say it won’t happen. Make sure to keep an eye out in the future.
You can buy bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin and bitcoin cash on there and trade any of those for Dash on an exchange but until it is added there is no direct method using fiat currency.
- Step 1: Stir yourself over to www.Binance.com and create an account just like you’ve done dozens of times in your internet career.
- Step 2: Complete one or two of Binance’s cheeky little CAPTCHAs.
- Step 3: Check your email for a verification link. Click it when it arrives. In our experience, it takes several minutes for the confirmation email to arrive. Make yourself a sandwich.
- Step 4: Here, Binance will require you to activate “2 Factor Authentication” to activate your account. You should really be doing this with all of your financial accounts so hackers can’t hack away your money or personal identity. Download the Google Authenticator App linked on the page, scan the QR code, input in the space to the right of the screen the resulting code that pops up on your phone. Congratulations! You’re ready to trade.
- Step 5: Click “Funds” and “Deposits Withdrawals”. Here, you’ll have to deposit a coin like Ethereum that you have in another wallet somewhere else. You’ll need Ethereum (or Bitcoin) to buy Dash. Deposit these coins (perhaps from Coinbase) into these Binance wallets, using the addresses that pop up when you click “Deposit”. Completing a deposit will take several minutes or more. Have a second sandwich.
- Step 6: Select “Exchanges” at the top of the screen and click on “Basic”. This will lead you to a screen with lots of trading pairs. Click the “ETH” tab in the upper right of the screen. This will show you all of the coins that trade against Ethereum on Binance. Select “DASH/ETH”. This will take you to the Dash-specific trading screen.
- Step 7: Now you’re ready to start buying Dash. You’ll have 3 order types to choose from: Limit, Stop-Limit, and Market. Limit orders set the price at which you want to begin buying Dash, whenever it happens to rise or fall in value to your selected level. Stop-Limit orders do the same, but also insulates you against wild market fluctuations that might commit you to trades you didn’t anticipate. Market orders let you trade Dash at its current price, whatever that happens to be. You can select anywhere from 25%-100% of your deposited Ethereum to starting trading Dash, or you can input a different value. When you’re ready, click “Buy Dash” and follow the prompts and confirmations. When the order is complete, you’ve got your very own Dash to have and to hodl. Store you Dash in a secure wallet like Exodus and keep them or trade them as you desire.