Crypto events and resources provide an opportunity to learn from others, network and keep up with the latest technological advances, and with the vaccine rollout, many groups are once again organising physical gatherings. There are all sorts of different blockchain events and courses happening around the world this year with varying aims and content, but to make things easy, we’ve summarised a few here that all crypto enthusiasts need to check out.
The following examples are in a variety of different locations, including online, and at a range of prices, including free. So whether you’re a blockchain professional or completely new to the space, read on to find out about the biggest events in the crypto calendar.
What do I need to know about AIBC Summit Europe?
The AIBC Summit brings together investors and innovators of various emerging technologies, including artificial intelligence, blockchain, FinTech, internet of things, big data and quantum technology. The AIBC Summit Europe is one of four global events, along with AIBC Summits for Asia, the Americas and Africa, and has been going since its inception in 2018.
- When: 13 – 15 April 2021
- Where: Malta Fairs and Conventions Centre, Ta’ Qali, Malta
- How: Book a pass online and arrange your own travel and accommodation
- How much: Standard – €49, Premium – €89, Platinum – €250
Why should I attend AIBC Summit Europe?
The event sees international policymakers, delegates and thought leaders at the top of their fields gather to share knowledge and ideas. Last year the Summit was a series of successful virtual events, but in 2019, the expo attracted over 12,000 attendees from more than 80 different countries. This year you can expect:
- Expo floor of world class exhibitors
- Over a dozen guest speakers including Tim Draper, Brock Pierce and Akon
- Start-up village for new businesses
- Emerging Tech awards
- Networking opportunities
What do I need to know about Blockchainsation?
The largest cryptocurrency related event in the Adriatic region, Blockchainsation is three days of fun activities with experts from the world of blockchain and crypto in the heart of Slovenia. Created in 2020, Blockchainsation is organised by All About Crypto, an educational company which serves people interested in learning about blockchain and cryptocurrencies.
- When: 14 – 16 May 2021
- Where: Thermana Hotel and Spa Resort, Laško, Slovenia
- How: Book your ticket online and book a room separately if not buying a VIP ticket
- How much: 1 day – €254, 3 day – €325, VIP – €999
Why should I attend Blockchainsation?
The event features a packed schedule set in beautiful surroundings. This will be the first Blockchainsation – it was originally planned for October 2020 but was rescheduled for May this year due to covid restrictions. However, organisers All About Crypto have previous experience with blockchain events – as well as providing news and educational resources, the company has put on crypto seminars and workshops, both online and in person. Blockchainsation 2021 will include:
- Expert speakers, to be announced soon
- Pre-scheduled networking
- Exciting shows and social events
- Talks on a range of topics including blockchain banking solutions, interoperability and mining
- A selection of exhibitors
What do I need to know about Blockchain Expo Global?
Blockchain Expo Global 2021 will be the fifth annual global event in the Blockchain Expo series. One of four co-located events also covering Internet of Things, Cybersecurity & Cloud and AI & Big Data, the Blockchain Expo brings together a range of leaders and innovators to share insights and showcase cutting edge technologies.
- When: 6 – 7 September 2021
- Where: Business Design Centre, London, UK
- How: Register for the event online and make your own travel/accommodation arrangements
- How much: Expo – free, Expo Plus – £189 to £309, Gold – £329 to £449 for 1 day or £599 to £849 for both, Ultimate – £999 to £1249
Why should I attend Blockchain Expo Global?
The expo brings together more than 5,000 people across key industries for two days of world class content, with a focus on learning and building partnerships. 56% of attendees are director level and above, including CTOs, developers, investors, government and start-ups, and the event will explore the sectors set to be disrupted the most by blockchain technology, namely real estate, financial services, insurance, legal, energy, music, government and others. Highlights of Blockchain Expo Global 2021 are:
- 100+ senior level speakers including Everledger Founder Leanne Kemp, NASDAQ Associate Vice President Johan Toll and Head of Future Technology at the Bank of England William Lovell
- Dedicated conferences on Fintech & Regulation, Crypto & Digital Asset Investment and more
- Co-located exhibition floor featuring over 350 companies including start-ups and live demos
- Blockchain workshops
- Interactive panel discussions
- Solution-based case studies
- Networking opportunities
There is also the Blockchain Expo Global Virtual event being held online 17 – 18 March 2021 which is free to attend.
What do I need to know about Bitcoin for Everybody?
Bitcoin for Everybody is a course on the Saylor Academy website which aims to educate the world on how to harness this digital currency and promote economic empowerment. This course is the most recent addition to Saylor Academy, which is a non-profit initiative founded in 2008. It was curated by Michael Saylor who is CEO of MicroStrategy – the publicly traded company with the largest Bitcoin Treasury – and has been encouraging mass Bitcoin adoption since last summer.
- When: Start the course at any time, go at your own pace. It should take 12 hours to complete
- Where: On the Saylor Academy website, here
- How: Create a free account here, enrol and follow the course instructions. There is also an optional final exam participants can take to earn a free course completion certificate
- How much: Free
Why should I take Bitcoin for Everybody?
Saylor Academy offers the opportunity to study college and professional level courses at your own pace, with the chance to receive digital certificates or even earn tuition-free college credit through their network of partner schools. The Bitcoin for Everybody course starts with the basics for beginners before progressing to the technical and practical components, providing a solid foundation for anyone to start interacting with Bitcoin. The course covers the following units:
- Bitcoin Economics
- Bitcoin Investment
- Bitcoin History and Philosophy
- Bitcoin Technology
- Bitcoin in Practice
The course syllabus can be found on the website.